[Az-Geocaching] Saturday Dec 4th

ShadowAce hunting at shakabruddah.com
Thu Dec 2 07:41:26 MST 2004

Our dearly departed Brian is now doing time in Billings Montana. We have no
information on how long his sentance will be, but we are hoping for an early
release or visiting hours soon.

  And for your reading entertainment:
One of his newest writing from beyond...
-------------
Drinking while driving a recipe for disaster

Talk has begun again regarding an open container law in Montana. Why this
has not been passed by the Legislature is beyond me. Over the summer, I
relocated my family to Billings from Arizona, where such a law exists. Did
such a law work there? Yes and no. There will always be a class of citizen
that chooses to disregard any laws they disagree with, despite their
existence in helping to ensure the safety of everyone as a whole.

Working as a dispatcher for the Highway Patrol, we took numerous calls on
subjects driving with an open container, and, as we were able to, officers
were dispatched to look for these vehicles, pull the driver over and
administer field sobriety tests. Regardless of the outcome of those tests,
the driver was often cited for the open container and ordered to appear in
court to answer to a judge.

DUI is against the law in this state, but drinking and driving (which can
ultimately get one to the point of DUI) is condoned by the leaders of this
state in the form of a lack of law prohibiting such an act. Consumption of
alcohol in any form while behind the wheel is a recipe for disaster. Only
ignorance, or perhaps a lack of caring for the safety of others justifies
cracking open a bottle/can while driving.

It's no wonder Montana is ranked among the worst offenders for DUI deaths in
the U.S. It is our right as citizens to be safe on the roads.

Brian Casteel
Billings