[Az-Geocaching] Re: Why very few new caches lately in Arizona?]

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:30:13 -0700

I'm one of the guilty ones.  I have hidden just under 1% of those I've
found.  However, nowhere that I've seen am I required to hide a cache in
order to find them. Four out of five of my hides are quality hides-- not
'stop and drop' like so many others.  The fifth one, until it was
stolen, was a unique hide and difficult to find so, it was a quality
hide too, in it's own way.  I will hide more but I would rather see
people hide fewer caches than to see them hide more than they can
reasonably maintain.  Remember, that is a responsibilty the hider needs
to assume.  Not just to flood an area with caches that he/she cannot
possibly maintain (until somebody complains that it is missing.)  As for
not enough caches in Arizona, I think that is poppycock!  I'll make this
promise to anyone who is reading this.  The day that someone (anyone)
logs all of the caches in Arizona, I will go out that week and hide 20
new caches!  Anybody up for that challenge?

-- Sprocket