[Az-Geocaching] rant....?

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:11:45 -0700 (MST)

Well, Brian, (heh heh you opened yourself up for this one, dear....)
maybe you could put a little more thought into the hides, instead of
just slapping it under a bench, and we'd all have a few more "quality"
caches to go after. I mean, with 464 finds, (and 6 hides, ahem )
certainly you've seen a few good ideas you could pattern them after....

The point I have always been harping on is well known and logical: if
people didn't HIDE caches, then all you guys with the high numbers
would never had a chance to get those high numbers. There would have
been no caches to go find and rack up. DUH! Is this really that
difficult to see?

I agree, Quality is good....I prefer "quality" esp after a couple
not-so-quality locations I jsut did in Wickenburg recently--- and I
didn't mean to harp on you, Brian....just using you as an example
since you fall into my earlier "category" of a top-25'er with less
than 10 hides (I picked that number arbitrarily)....and obviously if
you do the math on "hide 1% of your finds" that doesn't give many
caches to find either.

The principle of fairness --- if you participate by finding caches
that others have placed for you and others....then reciprocate by
putting out some "quality" caches for others to find....that seems
reasonable, doesn't it?

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:46:22 -0700, "Brian Casteel" wrote:

The way I see it, Arizona caches should be more
QUALITY, not QUANTITY.  If you want me to slap an altoids tin under
every
car/truck/van/bus/street light/park bench/tree/water fountain/planter,
then toss
some funds my way and I'll be happy to oblige so we can dwarf Utah by
1000
caches or so.  It shouldn't be too hard to abide by the .1 mile rule.
Heck, I could probably squeeze 30 caches into Kiwanis Park alone!

A little levity never hurt anyone.

BrianTeam A.I.