[Re: [Az-Geocaching] Why very few new caches lately in Arizona?]

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:59:32 -0700 (MST)

Better watch out, Gale, I amy take you up on that one!
Trisha

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:26:52 -0700 (PDT), Gale Draper wrote:

PLace one at Gurley Street Grill and I'm there.Regan L Smith
<buggers@mindspring.com> wrote:
a better idea let's all carpool with ken and place a cache under every
parkbench in Prescott!!!!!!!!!!Think people I rather have quality that
quantity just placing a cache toget a find is not a reason to place a
cache, I also feel that until you havefound a minimum of 50 percent of
the caches placed in the state, don'tbemoan the point and waste your
time which could be better spent on findingall those caches that
people do place under a park bench and not say on topof a hill with a
slight cave...----- Original Message ----- From: "Ford, Denny" To:
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 2:05 PMSubject: RE: [Re:
[Az-Geocaching] Why very few new caches lately inArizona?]> With the
1% rule in place I guess the Tres Hombres are safe we are
 at1.45%> that is until I log all the ones I have done and not
logged.>> -----Original Message-----> From: Mark Heitowit
[mailto:mheitowit@usa.net]> Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 1:46 PM>
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com> Subject: Re: [Re: [Az-Geocaching] Why
very few new caches lately in> Arizona?]>>> If every team with 100 or
more finds were to place 1% of their finds,there> would be more caches
than Circle K's and Walgreens combined here inPhoenix.>> "Trisha"
wrote:>> > OK, not to belabor my point (but I guess this will) I just
checked the> > AZ caching stats. Of the top 25 teams, all with over
350 finds, just> > over half have hidden LESS THAN 10 caches. I'm not
picking on anybody> > in particular, but maybe if those who are
benefitting the most (most> > finds) would step up and put out
 a few
 more caches (no more excuses!> > you have over 350 finds!) then it
would make Ken happier....?> > Trisha "Lightning"> > Prescott> >> >>
>> > I've been looking at the list of new caches, and it appears that
there> > is very little new cache activity in Arizona during the past
week.> > There have been only two new caches approved in Arizona since
Sept. 2,> > while in Utah there have been 19 new caches approved in
the past seven> > days.> >> > There are many great places to put
caches in the high elevations of> > Arizona. There are still many
regions of the state of Arizona that> > don't have many caches. I may
make one or two new caches and hide them> > this weekend, potentially
near the Mogollon Rim. Don't complain about>
 > the heat in the Phoenix area - the high elevations are less than
two> > hours away and the gasoline is less expensive in towns like
Payson and> > Prescott than it is in Phoenix.> >> > Why does Utah
continue to outpace Arizona in cache activity? Utah has> > less than
half the population of Arizona, yet Utah has 1,893 caches as> > of
today, while Arizona has 1,733 caches. We really should have more> >
caches than our neighboring state to the north. (This has always> >
irritated me that Utah has more caches than Arizona. Why should Utah>
> be a better geocaching state than Arizona? I would like to
challenge> > Arizona to become the best geocaching state in the USA).>