[Az-Geocaching] Suggestion for statistics

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:03:39 -0700

I would prefer to just get them let us contiunue to do business as usual.
They HAD to have made more money on the existance of azgeocaching.com
than the money they can claim they were loosing if we weren't around,
not to mention that azgeocaching.com off loads a heck of a lot more
bandwidth than it's taking up by crawling the official site.
There have also been a ton of people that wanted to donate to us in the
past that we just asked to get a membership instead.  Without
geocaching.com's data our site is very boreing.  Jason and I feel that
it's in their best interest in let us continue on as usual as I feel
those same people will probably just not renew their membership in
protest of us getting shut down potentialy costing geocaching.com thousands.

I would be open to starting our own deal, but thats just way more work
and responsibility that I would like to deal with, and it probably
doesn't have the numbers of people behind it to potentially make it
profitable, so it would be a TON of time that just HAD to be put into
it.  Don't get me wrong, I love doing azgeocaching.com, but there are
some days that I just don't even want to look at it. I wouldn't want to
run a site that absolutly required maintainace every day without a
little something extra to make it worth my while, and help pay the
bills.  Spreading out the site is a good idea, but it doesn't get rid o
the fact that the site, however small it is would still need to be
maintained, and having to do a couple of things a day is almost more
annoying than haveing to do a bunch of things.  Thats always been the
nice thing about azgeocaching.com, that for the most part, it's been
self maintaining.  We could spend as much or as little time as our
schedules dictated, and this time of the year it's been a real blessing
to not HAVE to babysit a website.

Anyway, I guess it would take some further discussion.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek