[Az-Geocaching] off topic e-mail question

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:16:11 -0700

Gale wrote:
> Sorry that this is off topic, but is anyone else with a yahoo e-mail getting larger amounts of spam that is the Nigerian scam? I've also been getting some with odd foreign subject headings that I can't even decipher. I haven't been opening them, but are these some sort of virus attacks or just attempts to defraud me? Any ideas? I'm beginning to be a bit spooked about it.

I know this mailing list is now getting so much spam that I don't even
bother moderating the queue anymore.   The vast majority is nigerian
banking scam stuff.
The really bad part is that someone managed to get all 4 e-mail address
that are capable of sending to the mailing list and put them on their
list, so I get the same spam 4 times, every time.

I really don't know why they keep sending me nigerian e-mail scam
messages a zillion time a day.  Most of them start with something like
"You might be suprised to be recieveing this", but I don't know now they
can expect ANY suprise what-so-ever, after all, I've been getting the
same message a minimum of 2 dozen times a day for over a year now.  A
bigger suprise would be if they stopped coming.

When I get some time, I will be adding spamassassin in front of the
mailing list, and then eventually it will be smart enough that I should
have no problems at all moderating the list again.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek
Azgeocaching.com