[Az-Geocaching] Bingo! and solar flares......

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:03:58 -0700 (MST)

Yes, Solar eclipse glasses will work great to see the sunspots.  Just be sure
to use the glasses as they are recommended (I think most have instructions
attached or they came with them).  Do NOT use binoculars or telescopes in
front of the glasses and make sure if they are the mylar type glasses that
they do not have any pinholes in them that would let raw unfiltered sunlight
through.....  I don't want to scare anyone away from getting a good look at
the sun, but I also don't want to hear about anyone damaging their eyesight.

Jim.

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Andrew Ayre wrote:

> I knew my solar eclipse glasses would come in useful again....very cool.
> Thanks Jim! :)
>
> Andy

Jim Scotti
Lunar & Planetary Laboratory