[Az-Geocaching] Who Manages What

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:42:29 -0500

Just from what I have read, In My humble opinion, I think you should report this "jerk" to his superior officers. There is no reason to treat the public in the manner this guy seemed to. In addition, He seemed to be spewing mis-information, which by itself is not that big of a deal, but we as the peasants living in Maricopa County Kingdom tend to listen to our law enforcement officers and take what they say as the truth.
At a minimum This guy should be informed so as to keep the people he means to control informed.
Plus if he did go so far as to arrest  someone or issue a citation, He would be guilty of wasting valuable resources in all the time you and the county people would have to spend getting that tripe thrown out/dismissed.

If you don't inform his superiors, then it is just an incident that rubbed you the wrong way and nothing will come of it except to rub you the wrong way. AND that officer MAY have a bad opinion of geocachers and this is just one more incident to be added to his anecdotal evidence of our bad behavior.I can see it now " I caught a couple of cachers up there tresspassin' and tearin' up the place and then they had the gall to give me some grief"
If you bring it up to his sup's then maybe the whole thing can be cleared up.

Maybe
Just my 3 cents
Cameron (Budcam)