[Az-Geocaching] Who Manages What

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:59:14 -0800

>From: bcasteel@cox.net
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Who Manages What
>Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:46:00 -0500
>
>To clarify one point, he could arrest you for trespassing, but not for
>Geocaching.  Geocaching itself, is >not illegal, but knowingly violating
>certain laws to find a cache is.  It is also somewhat illegal to do it
> >unknowingly, but the case must be made by the officer and prosecutor that
>you ignored the invisible >signs and phantom fencing to access the area in
>order to find the cache before you could be >convicted on it.  There's a
>big reason for the word 'knowingly' being used in description of crimes.
>
>Brian
>Team A.I.

Actually, the park officer said he could arrest us for geocaching. He said
geocaching is a FELONY. His reasoning for this is because it is a felony to
leave 'trash' in the county parks. He conciders leaving a cache in the
county parks to be littering... which apparently is a felony charge to do
so.

But, I dont see how he could get us for that anyways, we didn't even hide
the cache there!!!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings!
Go to  http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134