[Az-Geocaching] Virtually Confounded

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:01:33 -0700 (MST)

Hi Steve and everybody,

Joe wrote quite an articulate and I think common sense response. I'd
like to add my personal perspective because I have done this cache.

Specifically, this was a cute and unique place. What a fun delight!
Steve, I am glad you made it a "cache" so I then was able to
experience it. I was also glad to look for and answer the specific
questions, and count it as a "find". I hope you can leave it in place
for others to enjoy.

As mentioned, I think one important thing from a geocaching
perspective is proof that the person was "there". Answering all but
the last question correctly certainly meets that standard; however, I
would add this for consideration: Many caches include some degree of
difficulty in locating it (a "find"), using "terrain" or camoflage.
Question #5 might be considered part of the virtual cache's
"camoflage"! I really had to look hard for that answer, as hard as I
have looked for some of...for example...graldrich's micros. In those
cases, someone can't legitamately count it as a "find" unless you find
that
little-stupid-painted-velcroed-and/or-magnet-stuck-up-the-***-mint-can
!!

Just something to think about. I love this Virtual cache and the fact
that it was a bit tough. Not everyone likes that kind of challange,
but then again, I am not able to log a "find" on some caches that
require steep hiking to get to. It's about what each person likes to
or is able to do, including tricky clues and such. Variety is great~!

It's still up to you how free or how legalistic you want to be.

Well, my rambling probably just confuses the issue, sorry!

take care,
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 6pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 6pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {