[Az-Geocaching] Re-Gluing the rubber trim on Garmin Vista/Legends

Fri, 24 Oct 2003 1:07:58 -0400

------=____1066972078640_Wc+)JXKl+l

There's some forums posts about that very topic on the main site.

http://ubbx.groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=7116058331&m=14360618&r=60160718#60160718

http://ubbx.groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=7116058331&m=5286069051&r=8386069051#8386069051

There are a couple of the topics created about that very thing.  Hopefully there is something you can benefit from in there.

Brian
Team A.I.

> From: "Ken" <kenh199@cox.net>
> Date: 2003/10/24 Fri AM 12:17:42 EDT
> To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
> Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Re-Gluing the rubber trim on Garmin Vista/Legends
>
> The glue holding the rubber trim on the exterior my Garmin Vista no longer holds the trim in place. I know that this is a problem with the Vista's and Legends here in Arizona and I am wondering if it is due to the heat?.
>

> This should be a simple repair that can be completed at home and I am wondering if someone can make a recommendation on what brand of glue I should use to re-secure the rubber trim to the plastic housing? I'm sure someone here has already done this.
>

> Thanks,
>
> WhereRWee?
>
> Ken

------=____1066972078640_Wc+)JXKl+l

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>The glue holding the rubber trim on the exterior my Garmin Vista no
longer holds the trim in place. I know that this is a problem with the
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
/><st1:place>Vista</st1:place>’s and Legends here in
<st1:State><st1:place>Arizona</st1:place></st1:State> and I am wondering if it
is due to the heat?.</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>This should be a simple repair that can be completed at home and I am
wondering if someone can make a recommendation on what brand of glue I should
use to re-secure the rubber trim to the plastic housing? I’m sure someone here
has already done this.</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>Thanks,</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>WhereRWee?</FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>Ken</FONT></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=____1066972078640_Wc+)JXKl+l--