[Az-Geocaching] QuakeMap vs. USA PhotoMap

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:47:44 -0400

------=____1065995264515_4-xTya,V9W

You can do the same thing with Quakemap.  I attached a .jpg to a previous post, but it didn't go through due to the 75kb limit.

http://www.earthquakemap.com/pages/screenshots/demo2.jpg

If you check out the checkboxes to the left of the window, you have several viewing options.

Brian
Team A.I.

> From: Scott Wood <scott@myblueheaven.com>
> Date: 2003/10/12 Sun PM 04:26:15 EDT
> To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
> Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] QuakeMap vs. USA PhotoMap
>
> At 12:03 PM 10/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >You have the ability to communicate with your GPS to upload/download
> >waypoints/routes/tracks, as well as import .loc (gc.com created only for
> >some reason), .gpx files and .wpt files.  They are then plotted on
> >terraserver provided sat images, and each cache is independently
> >hyperlinked to its respective cache.  From each cache listed, you can
> >'find' the closest geocaches, which brings up the gc.com page with those
> >caches listed.  Soon, there will be direct PDA interaction.
> >
> >It's free.  You can also download and view over sat images recent
> >earthquakes in any given area terraserver has satellite photos of.  Oh,
> >and it's written by a geocacher.
> >

> Other than it being free, how does it compare to ExpertGPS?  I have been
> using ExpertGPS for a couple years now and love how I can switch between
> the Terraserver maps as well as Topo maps of an area.
>

> Scott
>
> scott@myblueheaven.com
> www.myblueheaven.com

------=____1065995264515_4-xTya,V9W

At 12:03 PM 10/12/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
GPS to upload/download waypoints/routes/tracks, as well as import .loc
(gc.com created only for some reason), .gpx files and .wpt files.&nbsp;
They are then plotted on terraserver provided sat images, and each cache
is independently hyperlinked to its respective cache.&nbsp; From each
cache listed, you can 'find' the closest geocaches, which brings up the
gc.com page with those caches listed.&nbsp; Soon, there will be direct
PDA interaction.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
over sat images recent earthquakes in any given area terraserver has
satellite photos of.&nbsp; Oh, and it's written by a
geocacher.</font><br>
Other than it being free, how does it compare to ExpertGPS?&nbsp; I have
been using ExpertGPS for a couple years now and love how I can switch
between the Terraserver maps as well as Topo maps of an area.<br><br>

------=____1065995264515_4-xTya,V9W--