[Az-Geocaching] Virtuals

xWaterLilyx listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 00:10:14 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1186580678-1065251414=:67737

Ok, I've been reading through a few of these, I've been out of touch the past couple of weeks due to real life (got married and went on a honeymoon - geocaching here and there of course) and I felt I just had to put in my 2 cents worth.

I personally LOVE historical sites, I don't care if there is a real cache there, if it's a virtual, a locationless, or even a benchmark.  I have also wondered why they didn't just make the virtuals a different category altogether like they have with benchmarks and locationless ones.

I do enjoying the historical markers when on trips because they give me a great excuse to get out of the car and walk around a bit, otherwise I tend to drive without stopping (and if I do stop I'm rarely getting out of the truck to do more then get gas, get back in and keep driving.)

Everybody is different and enjoys many different things, geocaching overall reflects this with wide variety of caches available.

Larry H <friared1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I've
> >found a few virtuals and couldn't tell you what I
> >'learned' at any of them.

Ok, you caught me. How ironic that you post one of my
logs as proof that people do learn something at
virtuals. This cache in particular COULD support a
real cache as there are plenty of hiding spots. The
question is, SHOULD it? I think the answer is no. This
is such a small town that travelling cachers would be
stopped by the neighbors and/or police if they were
picking around the monument looking for a container.

All that aside, if virtuals had 'their own section'
like benchmarks, I don't think there would be a
problem with a virtual blocking a traditional cache.
Benchmarks can be inches away from a container without
the admins saying the 'spot' is taken. Why not do the
same with virtuals?

Team GPSaxophone

=====
FriarED

xWaterLilyx & RTF
Team H20
Phoenix, AZ (Ahwatukee)

Geocaching Site:  http://www.geocities.com/xwaterlilyxrtf

--0-1186580678-1065251414=:67737

<DIV>Ok, I've been reading through a few of these, I've been out of touch the past couple of weeks due to real life (got married and went on a honeymoon - geocaching here and there of course) and I felt I just had to put in my 2 cents worth.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I personally LOVE historical sites, I don't care if there is a real cache there, if it's a virtual, a locationless, or even a benchmark.&nbsp; I have also wondered why they didn't just make the virtuals a different category altogether like they have with benchmarks and locationless ones.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I do enjoying the historical markers when on trips because they give me a great excuse to get out of the car and walk around a bit, otherwise I tend to drive without stopping (and if I do stop I'm rarely getting out of the truck to do more then get gas, get back in and keep driving.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Everybody is different and enjoys many different things, geocaching overall reflects this with wide variety of caches available.<BR><BR><B><I>Larry H &lt;friared1@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=27120">http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=27120</A><BR>&gt; &gt;I've<BR>&gt; &gt;found a few virtuals and couldn't tell you what I<BR>&gt; &gt;'learned' at any of them. <BR><BR>Ok, you caught me. How ironic that you post one of my<BR>logs as proof that people do learn something at<BR>virtuals. This cache in particular COULD support a<BR>real cache as there are plenty of hiding spots. The<BR>question is, SHOULD it? I think the answer is no. This<BR>is such a small town that travelling cachers would be<BR>stopped by the neighbors and/or police if they were<BR>picking around the monument looking for a container.<BR><BR>All that aside, if virtuals had 'their own section'<BR>like benchmarks, I don't think there would be a<BR>problem with a virtual blocking a traditional cache.<BR>Benchmarks can be inche
 s away
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1186580678-1065251414=:67737--