[Az-Geocaching] Virtuals and camping out

Larry H listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ken Henson <khenson@cableone.net> wrote:
> September 14  (185 found)
> 4:00 am. We had hoped to get enough gas here to make
> it to Kingman, but
> they were closed. We were still able to learn
> something about Ash Fork
> by stopping at this virtual. Thanks!
> [view/edit this log on a separate page]
> For more logs go here:

>  >I've
>  >found a few virtuals and couldn't tell you what I
>  >'learned' at any of them.

Ok, you caught me. How ironic that you post one of my
logs as proof that people do learn something at
virtuals. This cache in particular COULD support a
real cache as there are plenty of hiding spots. The
question is, SHOULD it? I think the answer is no. This
is such a small town that travelling cachers would be
stopped by the neighbors and/or police if they were
picking around the monument looking for a container.

All that aside, if virtuals had 'their own section'
like benchmarks, I don't think there would be a
problem with a virtual blocking a traditional cache.
Benchmarks can be inches away from a container without
the admins saying the 'spot' is taken. Why not do the
same with virtuals?

Team GPSaxophone

=====
FriarED