[Az-Geocaching] no-find?

gale and mike listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:07:47 +0000

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>You wrote:<BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I noticed that some people (don't want to name any names) are posting notes instead of no-finds or not even posting anything at all when not finding a cache. I was just curious as to why people do that because there is a reason we have the option of logging no-finds. Also, I don't see how a no-find will hurt the person (stats wise). People should not be ashamed that they couldn't find a particular cache because it happens to everyone.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>****</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>My response:</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Go ahead and names names...beginning with me. I freely admit my guilt here. When we first started geocaching, we were at a low point in our lives after three hellish years of personal tragedies. Quite frankly, I did not want to post a no-find. I felt like a loser for doing so. (Low point in our lives remember.) It has nothing to do with team stats. We actually don't look at them except once or twice a month out of curiosity. I also don't like to see the harshness of that&nbsp;bright purple face&nbsp;on my cache page. I have far too many of them in my benchmark listing. Later, it just became a habit. I do check the page of the cache we couldn't find and post a note or let the owner know if no one logs it later or they log a no-find. I'll try to do better, but it is hard to break a habit. I can only think of 4 caches we currently cannot find, and one of them we didn't even get out of the car for.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>If this posts twice, I'm sorry. I had a delivery failure for the listserv. I'm not sure what happened or if this was the message that didn't get delivered.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>.&nbsp;</DIV>