[Az-Geocaching] Just wondering, please no fighting

gale and mike listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:29:02 +0000

<DIV></DIV>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Some of the current <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>posts have got me wondering. Why are some people so adamant about not becoming members. I’m just curious. I don’t want to spark any arguments. We have no intention of forcing our viewpoint on anyone else. If you wish to e-mail me privately, that’s fine. We became members, not because of any additional benefits but because we wanted to support the website we use so often for our entertainment. Over the course of a year, $30 for entertainment doesn’t seem unreasonable to us. But that’s just us. I have great respect for all of the geocaching community, members or not. Donations to azgeocaching.com seem reasonable too. Is there another option besides paypal?</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">For those members who want members benefits, someone elsewhere in this country said his caches are always members-only until the first find, then it is open to everyone. I always thought that was a reasonable option. Maybe, someday, we will do it as well. Personally, if we take the time to create a cache, we want people to attempt it. Members only caches seems so elitist to us.</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">For Andy/Groover/TeamSpike:</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">As a person with physical limitations (for those of you who have seen me, I hide them quite well), I appreciate the difficulties in assessing handicap accessibility on cache pages. If you’ve posted ideas about this in the past with geocaching.com, how about posting them here so that all future cache hiders will have an idea of what would help the many handicapped geocachers in this state. One thing I like is a good description in the cache page (ie road requires high clearance vehicle, rock scrambling required, fairly level terrain). I can more readily determine if I can physically attempt the cache that way than just by sticking the handicap symbol on the easiest terrain caches. Perhaps we can compile a list of handicapped accessible caches and have azgeocaching.com note on their website who to contact for an updated list. I wouldn’t mind being the contact (on another e-mail address).</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I’m really just trying to avoid doing taxes today, can you tell?</P><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898</FONT></DIV>