[Az-Geocaching] Just wondering, please no fighting

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:40:58 -0700

At 11:29 PM 4/10/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>Some of the current  posts have got me wondering. Why are some people so
>adamant about not becoming members. I'm just curious. I don't want to
>spark any arguments. We have no intention of forcing our viewpoint on
>anyone else. If you wish to e-mail me privately, that's fine. We became

I first subscribed for the reason of wanting to support geocahing.com.  I
still believe that $30 a year is a small price to pay for the services that
I receive from them.  When it came time to renew, things were a little
tight budget wise in our house, but I decided to do it anyway.  There are a
number of benefits that I enjoy, having the ability for unlimited watchlist
was one I was very glad to see.

My only recent complaint with geocaching.com is what seems like a
completely subjective means of approving caches.  As I mentioned, I
"placed" a virtual cache, Famous Trees, in a place that has actually been
in a coffee table book.  I had a real hard time getting it approved, even
though it met each and every rule for a virtual cache, like I said, it even
met the coffee table book criteria.  It finally came down to the admin who
I was going back and forth with saying something like "I will just have to
take your word for it."  Since, it seems to be a very popular cache, and I
have received some great e-mail from people who have loved the area.   I
had posted another virtual cache in Northern Arizona on the same trip that
was posted within a day.  Different admins, completely different attitudes
as to what THEY would allow.  Because of that, I am disappointed enough
with geocaching.com that I would have thought twice about renewing, but I
suspect that I still would.

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com