[Az-Geocaching] Re: Gas prices

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:35:13 -0700

At 10:20 AM 4/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Blame it on the oxygenated fuel.  Crude oil prices have come down
>considerably... this is why the whole country's fuel prices have come down.
>The price of fuel in the Phoenix area hasn't come down too much because
>there's a shortage of the "treated" fuel which compounds the problem.

I have a friend down here that used to own a couple gas stations and is now
a lobbyist for such matters.  Apparently many states that used to have the
treated gas in the summers have been banning it.  It seems that the stuff
used to treat gas has adverse environmental problems.  Sort of a unintended
consequence that was never thought about when they passed this law.  The
problem now is that with the supply nationwide for the treated gas going
away, fewer and fewer states are now using it, that the price for us has
artificially gone up.

I just heard a national story about how gas prices have gone DOWN about 30
cents a gallon over the last month.  All I have seen here in Tucson is a
drop of about 6 cents.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com