[Az-Geocaching] Dog Parks

Regan Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:27:36 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C2F86B.9AE3BA80

What makes you think I don't want opinions?=20

IMHO it's about time the powers to be cracked down, being how there are =
a wide group of people who do the approving of the placed caches It =
depends on the person doing the approval....Then again why they went =
away from the GPS takes you to the Cache in the first place will remain =
a mystery...what good are rules if they are not enforced???=20

Then as it was pointed out to me there are other geocaching websites to =
get a cache hidden.....

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Scott Wood=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 11:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Dog Parks

  At 11:15 AM 4/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:

    Cache Permanence=20

    As the Frequently Asked Questions indicate, geocaches can be hidden =
in a location for a finite period of time, depending on the environment =
and the decision of the cache owner.=20

  I am not in this to argue, I was just posting a concern about what the =
admins will think of a cache if it says in the description that it will =
only be there for a certain period of time.  There has been a lot of =
discussion about this over on the geocaching.com forums, and there seem =
to be lot of caches that are not being approved because of this, and =
there doesn't always seem an objective reason why some caches get =
approved and others don't.  I use the virtual I placed in Idaho as a =
perfect example.  One of the rules says that it needs to be something =
unique that might be found in a coffee table book.  The location of my =
virtual cache has actuall been in a coffee table book, I have a copy, =
and the cache was still denied at first because the admin still didn't =
think it was worthy, even though it complied with each and every rule.

  Do what you want, but if you don't want opinions about it, why post it =
to the listserve?

  In liberty,

  Scott

  wood@myblueheaven.com
  www.myblueheaven.com
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C2F86B.9AE3BA80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What makes you think I don't want =
opinions?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>IMHO it's about time the powers to be =
cracked=20
down,&nbsp;being how there are a wide group of people who do the =
approving of=20
the placed caches It depends on the person doing the approval....Then =
again why=20
they went away from the GPS takes you to the Cache in the first place =
will=20
remain a mystery...what good are rules if they are not enforced??? =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Then as it was pointed out to me there =
are other=20
geocaching websites to get a cache hidden.....</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dwood@myblueheaven.com =
href=3D"mailto:wood@myblueheaven.com">Scott=20
  Wood</A> </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 01, 2003 =
11:32=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Az-Geocaching] =
Dog=20
  Parks</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>At 11:15 AM 4/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:<BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dcite cite=3D"" type=3D"cite"><B>Cache =
Permanence</B>=20
    <BR><BR>As the <A =
href=3D"http://www.geocaching.com/faq.asp">Frequently Asked=20
    Questions</A> indicate, geocaches can be hidden in a location for a =
finite=20
    period of time, depending on the environment and the decision of the =
cache=20
    owner. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I am not in this to argue, I was just =
posting a=20
  concern about what the admins will think of a cache if it says in the=20
  description that it will only be there for a certain period of =
time.&nbsp;=20
  There has been a lot of discussion about this over on the =
geocaching.com=20
  forums, and there seem to be lot of caches that are not being approved =
because=20
  of this, and there doesn't always seem an objective reason why some =
caches get=20
  approved and others don't.&nbsp; I use the virtual I placed in Idaho =
as a=20
  perfect example.&nbsp; One of the rules says that it needs to be =
something=20
  unique that might be found in a coffee table book.&nbsp; The location =
of my=20
  virtual cache has actuall been in a coffee table book, I have a copy, =
and the=20
  cache was still denied at first because the admin still didn't think =
it was=20
  worthy, even though it complied with each and every rule.<BR><BR>Do =
what you=20
  want, but if you don't want opinions about it, why post it to the=20
  listserve?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
  <DIV>In liberty,</DIV><BR>
  <DIV>Scott</DIV><BR>
  <DIV>wood@myblueheaven.com</DIV>