[Az-Geocaching] Dog Parks

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 16:37:26 -0700

--=====================_26522597==_.ALT

At 04:27 PM 4/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>What makes you think I don't want opinions?

Sorry, just got that impression.

>IMHO it's about time the powers to be cracked down, being how there are a
>wide group of people who do the approving of the placed caches It depends
>on the person doing the approval....Then again why they went away from the
>GPS takes you to the Cache in the first place will remain a mystery...what
>good are rules if they are not enforced???

If I were in charge and made the rules, I would leave geocaching.com as a
place to post waypoints.  I wouldn't be in the business of determining if a
cache is worth of existing.  I can understand making sure that the cache
pages are complete.

You are right, there is a real problem with having admins that can
subjectively determine if a cache should be listed.  I don't know what the
answer is, but I suspect that we are going to see more and more rules as to
what is allowed to be posted as a geocache.  I just don't see this snowball
being pushed back uphill.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_26522597==_.ALT

At 04:27 PM 4/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br><br>
Sorry, just got that impression.<br><br>
about time the powers to be cracked down, being how there are a wide
group of people who do the approving of the placed caches It depends on
the person doing the approval....Then again why they went away from the
GPS takes you to the Cache in the first place will remain a
mystery...what good are rules if they are not enforced???
If I were in charge and made the rules, I would leave geocaching.com as a
place to post waypoints.&nbsp; I wouldn't be in the business of
determining if a cache is worth of existing.&nbsp; I can understand
making sure that the cache pages are complete.<br><br>
You are right, there is a real problem with having admins that can
subjectively determine if a cache should be listed.&nbsp; I don't know
what the answer is, but I suspect that we are going to see more and more
rules as to what is allowed to be posted as a geocache.&nbsp; I just
don't see this snowball being pushed back uphill.  <br><br>