[Az-Geocaching] Officially speaking....

mike and gale jett listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 23:53:01 +0000

My 2 cents.
Archaeologists are a funny breed... I should know. We've all encountered
aggressive pothunters who think it's their God-given right to waste a site
for a few dollars. And they have often threatened us with physical harm for
speaking against pothunting. So now archaeologists are obsessively
secretive. Hence the run-around.If any of you want to know how to spot an
archaeological site or if your cache is impacting a site, just ask me. I
used to do it for a living. Just don't ask me to hike difficult terrain. I
can't do that anymore.As for a training session, perhaps an event cache (not
Wolfb8's virtuals) at Wupatki or Montezuma Well would help. I can show you
what to look out for there.
Desert Viking