[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching.com administrator questions whether my museum caches are really "geocaches"

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

Since you asked...

My opinion, not to be confused with anyone else's, is
that a virtual cache should have two requirements. The
first is that it be a cool and enjoyable place to go
to. The second is that the location isn't common
knowledge. I think that municipal museums generally
are the first but not the second. Most people know
that cities and towns have some sort of museum so for
it to meet my definition of a virtual, it would need
to be special in some other way. Like being the first
museum in Arizona. The only museum focusing on fire,
or something similar. That's not to say I'll complain
about them, cause I haven't, but I can see where he's
coming from.

Eric
TD