[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching.com administrator questions whether my museum caches are really "geocaches"

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:18:44 -0700

At 01:01 PM 9/26/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>What do Arizona geocachers think about the comments of Erik and
>myself?  Should I continue to create virtual geocaches at
>museums?  Remember, these are not the easiest caches to complete fully -
>typically I have six or seven questions that requires one to visit every
>part of the museum, and as many of you are aware, some of the answers are
>not easy to find.

Let me throw in my $0.02 as being something of an outsider.  The reason I
say I am an outsider on this is that we don't have any of these in Tucson,
and I have visited Libby's Mineral and Mining Museum cache.

I really enjoyed the Mineral and Mining Museum cache.  The times that we
have planned Phoenix trips for geocaching I have intentionally left the
museum caches off of my list for the day.  Not because I didn't think I
would enjoy them, but that they take a good amount of time.  The fact of
the matter is that I would probably never take the time to visit those
museums if there wasn't a virtual cache.

I can see the argument that they are not caches, but I can also see that
argument for most of the other virtual (but not all) caches and almost
every locationless cache.

Perhaps I will spend a weekend next summer in Phoenix doing nothing but
museum caches, they might be a nice place to be on a hot day.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache