[Az-Geocaching] batteries are they worth it?

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:56:58 -0700

--=====================_2854534==_.ALT

At 09:10 AM 11/14/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Allright I finally broke down and reinvested in new batteries, bought the
>Energizer MAX was that a good choice? there was talk about Re-chargeable
>ones but what brands and types of AA do you all prefer??

I used NiCADs for years, and never had a problem with them, but I finally
took the plunge and converted everything over to NiMH about a year ago.  I
use them in everything that uses a AA battery.

When I changed over, I bought one of the Rayovac 1 hour chargers.  It came
with 2 batteries and I think I paid something like $24.95 for it.  It is a
great charger and as I said, it fully charges a dead battery in about an
hour, shorter if the battery already has a charge.

Since I also use rechargeable batteries in things like remote controls and
clocks, I bought a bunch of NiMH batteries from one of the e-Bay
sellers.  These are no brand name batteries and are just green.  I ended up
getting them for $0.25 each.

As far as the batteries go, if you find them cheap, it doesn't take long to
offset the cost of alkalines, and I believe that it is more important to
get a battery with a decent mAh rating over brand name.  I wouldn't buy
anything under 1600, and look for bigger.  I just read that there are some
2000 mAh batteries out there, but I haven't seen them yet.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache

--=====================_2854534==_.ALT

At 09:10 AM 11/14/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br><br>
I finally broke down and reinvested in new batteries, bought the
Energizer MAX was that a good choice? there was talk about Re-chargeable
ones but what brands and types of AA do you all prefer??</font><br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>
I used NiCADs for years, and never had a problem with them, but I finally
took the plunge and converted everything over to NiMH about a year
ago.&nbsp; I use them in everything that uses a AA battery.<br><br>
When I changed over, I bought one of the Rayovac 1 hour chargers.&nbsp;
It came with 2 batteries and I think I paid something like $24.95 for
it.&nbsp; It is a great charger and as I said, it fully charges a dead
battery in about an hour, shorter if the battery already has a
charge.<br><br>
Since I also use rechargeable batteries in things like remote controls
and clocks, I bought a bunch of NiMH batteries from one of the e-Bay
sellers.&nbsp; These are no brand name batteries and are just
green.&nbsp; I ended up getting them for $0.25 each.<br><br>
As far as the batteries go, if you find them cheap, it doesn't take long
to offset the cost of alkalines, and I believe that it is more important
to get a battery with a decent mAh rating over brand name.&nbsp; I
wouldn't buy anything under 1600, and look for bigger.&nbsp; I just read
that there are some 2000 mAh batteries out there, but I haven't seen them
yet.<br><br>