[Az-Geocaching] El Camino del Diablo Strike Force

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:14:59 -0700 (MST)

> The cache itself is not difficult to get to, but it is in an extremely
> remote area, so multiple vehicles will be prudent. Hence the "Strike
> Force". Also because of its location, each adult is required to obtain a
> permit in order to enter. The permit is free, but it involves signing a
> lengthy document that basically says if you run into trouble out there,
> you can't sue the government. You can obtain a permit application from
> the refuge and get more information about the refuge at the address on
> their web site:
> <http://ifw2irm2.irm1.r2.fws.gov/refuges/arizona/cabeza.html>
> http://ifw2irm2.irm1.r2.fws.gov/refuges/arizona/cabeza.html.

Just a note: the website states that a permit is required, and that you
must get it from the Goldwater AFR, but dosen't provide an address or
telephone number on where to get one.  If you E-Mail the reserve itself,
do they provide the necessary forms?

If somebody is willing to drag my non-4x4-owning carcass up there, I'd be
interested in going.  :)

--
C. Sullivan               the world needs more mayo
feedle@feedle.net         www.moremayo.com