[Az-Geocaching] Graph problems (solution & thanks)

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
29 May 2002 18:03:43 -0700

WOW! that one was fun!  I probed around a bit and indeed the graph was
off, but I had a hard time finding a reason why.  A little bit of test
code was telling me that all the numbers where there and correct, but
they just weren't making it to the graph correctly.
It turned out to be a little chunk of code that flips though all the
different types of data looking to see if there was an an occurance of
it, found, lost, hidden, note in this case, and then records it into a
variable when it did find one.
The problem being that if you had a find on that day it would record a
find, then it would check to see if you had any lost, if you did on the
same day it would record the lost value over the found value and so on,
but only for stuff on the same day, so for the most part it "looked"
fairly accurate since most of the time you aren't going to leave found
and/or loses and/or notes on the same day.

The vertacle numbers by the way are/were dead on, it was just missing
chucks of data here and there.

Thanks a TON for pointing that out... I probably wouldn't have noticed
that for a long time, and I really need the mental break from work.
(Running 20 occurances of windows on linux ... it works real good :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek