[Az-Geocaching] Coronado National Forest Closed

Wed, 29 May 2002 10:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

We'll keep praying for the all the fires, esp. the Bullock, to be put
out soon, and before any damage is done to buildings and people.....
Trisha "Lightning"
(nervously watching to Prescott area for smoke......)

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Jim Scotti wrote

> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Scott Wood wrote:
>
> > Since this is something that is most likely of interest to
everyone who
> > might be putting out urban caches, where did you find the log book
for
> > Rilito Park?  I went to Office Depot today to try and find
something small
> > enough for the cache I want to hide tonight but have had no luck
so far.

> I found a few of them over at the UofA bookstore on campus.  There
weren't
> too many left and I grabbed about 3 or 4 of them.  They are called
"Necklace
> Journals" and are perfect for a microcache like an Altoid can.  For
those who
> haven't visited Rillito Park yet (there are a few of you despite
pretty good
> activity the first 2 days it was out!), the logbook is a little 2.25
by 1.75
> inch book with a colored cardboard cover.  It comes with a string so
you can
> hang it around your neck, though I cut the string off before putting
it in
> the cache.  I don't know who actually makes them, but the UofA
bookstore has
> a surprisingly diverse collection of logbooks and sketch books.
Some of them
> are downstairs in the art section, and my new favorite for a regular
cache
> can be found upstairs in the area with notebooks.
>
> > I hope that it survives.  I have never had the chance to get back
there
> > since we were unable to find it last time.  Given that the cache
owners for
> > this one are from out of state I doubt that we will get much
response about
> > it.  If it is lost, I will probably hide a new one in that area
this fall.

> Maybe someone should e-mail them and keep them posted on the fire.
I've been
> meaning to get up on Mt. Lemmon and hunt out all those caches up
there.

> > As of right now, it looks like Scary and Hollywood are the only
two that
> > might be an issue.
>
> Hopefully that's the case if the fire doesn't cross the Highway....
Cross
> your fingers.  I was just talking with a friend who observes at the
> telescopes near Mt. Bigelow.  That area is in quite a bit of danger.
 The

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/