[Az-Geocaching] Forest Fire and Ammo Can Concern

Fred Coe listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 16:12:15 -0700

Andrew, et. al.,

I wouldn't go in to a burn area to rescue a cache.

If my duties take me near the cache, then I might try to find it, if I had
time, if it was near my destination, if the area wasn't to hot, etc, etc.

I never know when the call will come that will take me to the fire line,
fire camp, or nearby in support of the operations section.  If the
opportunity presents itself, I'll take advantage of it.  I consider myself
lucky that I can combine geocaching with my job.  I do wonder, if I found a
cache that is in an area closed to the public, can I still count it as a
find?

--Fred
Team Boulder Creek