[Az-Geocaching] Forest Fire and Ammo Can Concern

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 14:13:00 -0700

At 01:28 PM 5/27/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>I hope things get better for you, but please don't try to find the cache if
>the only reason is to rescue it - its contents are insignificant compared to
>the lives of firefighters and your life and its not worth the risk just for

The only 2 caches that look like they might be in the way of the fire are
Scary and Hollywood, at least for the time being.  As Andrew said, if they
burn, they burn.  Caches can be easily replaced, people, and to a lesser
extent homes can't.  I am glad that we have so many people working so hard
up there to try and save something that we consider special in the middle
of the desert.

As a former forest fire fighter I am anxious to get up there after
everything is safe and see what the extent of the fire really it.  All we
have to go buy is media reports and there has been some contradictions in
the media about it.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache