[Az-Geocaching] Just an observation

Ken Henson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 13:23:25 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1-1014932562

On Thursday, May 23, 2002, at 09:45 PM, C. Sullivan wrote:

> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Ken Henson wrote:
>
>> Today (Thursday, May 23) I visited my cache, Sycamore View.  On the
>> cache page there is only one entry.  The log book has about six
>> entries.  The last entry, May 18, made by =93Space Men=94 stated that =
he /
>> they took the cache box.  It was an ammo can.  The rest of the cache=20=

>> box
>> contents were left at the site.  The log book and the contents of the
>> cache had been placed in a Ziplock bag that was in the cache box =
along.
>> Someone had added their trash to the bag with the log book.  The log
>> read that this site should not be listed on the web.  Only special
>> people should be allowed to visit this special sacred spot.
>>
>> Maybe, just maybe, I would get a different group of visitors at my
>> caches if I made them =93Member  Only=94 caches?
>
> I have observed this pheonomenae at not only Wednesday Equals Geeks=20
> (there
> are currently two logs on the logsheet that aren't on the website) but=20=

> at
> a few others I've found as well.
>
> I suspect that the vast majority of these come from people who have
> randomly "found" the cache without the aid of GPS.

This cache is in a remote area,  2 and 1/2 hours from Prescott and 65=20
miles away.  A lot of the miles are on a rough dirt road.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3D12779

The hike from the parking area is .4 of a mile to the cache site.

It is not on a trail.  Seems to me you would have to be looking for it=20=

and then to leave a log entry stating you have taken the cache box is a=20=

little much.

--Apple-Mail-1-1014932562