[Az-Geocaching] Prescott Fire: Caches affected or burned?

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 16:42:15 -0700

At 03:36 PM 5/19/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Fred,
>Thanks for the information. As I mentioned in another post, I am
>probably still in a bit of shock from the "bug-out" (I am not a
>fire-fighter!) with being so close to the "freight-train" sound effect
>of the advancing fire, and from seeing the very-burnt landscape while

I don't know if Fred has ever been there, but having a fire "crown" right
above you is something that you will never forget.  I have had it happen
twice.  Fortunately both times I was near a decent sized creek that we
could take cover in.  Safety blankets are good for what they do, but during
a crown I will take water every time.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache