[Az-Geocaching] fire

Sun, 19 May 2002 13:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

Michael,

Why not ask and see if you can volunteer and join one of the groups
patrolling the closed areas? Then you could cache, and help at the
same time. Probably there are groups other than the horseback ones.

As I said in a previous post, I am all in favor of closing the forests
when in severe drought conditions. It's not worth the risk when you
can't tell the difference between responsible people who would do
everything to prevent a fire, and careless idiots, or even arsonists.

Of course, you may need to take my opinion with a grain of salt right
now. I just experienced a "bug-out" Wednesday (our first command post,
from which the Posse was evacuating Ponderosa Park south of Prescott,
was overrun with-in 4 minutes by fire. I looked up and saw the trees
exploding in flames on both sides of the highway (the one with the
melted signs and guard rails) about 200 yards away. We then moved
(extemely quickly!!) to the Safeway parking lot for the next three
days.)

To Rob (Team CHUMP) thanks for your kind words. I am so glad your
folks and so many others were safe, altho inconvenienced. Let's just
keep praying for the next two months or so until the rains come. It is
far from over yet, and danger is still extremely high.

This fire was human caused. A reward is being offered for information.

Trisha

On Fri, 17 May 2002, "Baja Fleg" wrote

> They just closed a huge recreation area in Albuquerque along the Rio
Grande