[Az-Geocaching] Geocachers who start out in Geocaching enthusiastically, but drop out abruptly

Highpointer listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 17:18:44 -0700 (PDT)

--0-660685815-1021594724=:76775

> I wonder why such a person would start out geocaching with such great enthusiasm, yet drop out as abruptly as he went into it?

I'm guessing that you are speaking of Taekwondoman previously known as srdrake. He actually unsubscribed from the list about then too.
I did appear to me that he was obsessed about it.  He reached 100 cache findings in about six weeks. I feel that I am sometimes obsessed with geocaching (perhaps it something to do with the fact that I have a very boring job, so geocaching anywhere is a lot more interesing in comparison), but I did take a sensible 4 and half months to get to 100.  I've also done other things not related to geocaching;  I hiked across Aravaipa Canyon, for example, two weekends ago, knowing that there is not a cache there and knowing that it is probably not a good location for a regular cache, because access to the interior of the canyon is strictly regulated (however, I found upon reading a sign at the trailhead that it is a place worthy of visiting, even if you can't hike the whole way, and thus would make a good place for a virtual cache).
Highpointer