[Az-Geocaching] More on abandoned Caches

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 15 May 2002 23:17:47 -0700

At 10:36 PM 5/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>out contaniers and salvage what was left of the old cache.  That is just a
>geocaching courtesy. I think the owner should put the cache on hold until
>they can get there if it will be awhile before they can check on it.    We
>had to finally lay to rest our canal cache after being taken 3 times.  Just
>our opion.

It does seem to come down to a cache owner being responsible.  While I can
see that it might take some time to get out and check on a cache, even the
easiest of them, I think that a cache owner should at least take the time
to temporarily disable the cache.  I was glad to see that we finally have
that option as a cache owner.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache