[Az-Geocaching] Hassayampa River Preserve Cache

C. Sullivan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 23:14:06 -0700

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 23:06, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 May 2002 18:59, you wrote:
> > We stopped by the River Preserve on Saturday on our way back from
> > Harquahala peak.  This really is an interesting area and we recommend it
> > to all. Unfortunately they informed us that the Preserve will be closing
> > on May 13, 2002.  The Preserve will not re-open until September 17, 2002.
> >  One of the employees told us that they did not get the funding they
> > needed and they will have to shut down for the summer.  If anybody wants
> > to visit this area and grab a cache you will need to do it this weekend.
> > I thought some of you might want to know.

Also, a note: Hassayampa is a Nature Conservancy site.. according to their
website
(http://nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/arizona/preserves/art1970.html),
they usually only operate weekend hours during the summer anyway..

-Fedl