[Az-Geocaching] New Feature

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 3 May 2002 11:23:44 -0700 (MST)

> I do have a feature request.  The waypoint files for Arizona are now too
> big to fit in some smaller GPS recievers (it's too big for my eTrex
> Legend!).  Perhaps you could figure out a way to make a "Phoenix
> Metro" version of the file that excludes all of the caches that are more
> than 30-40 miles from central Phoenix?

I have another chunk of code that has been sitting on the back burner for
a while that I need to dust off and get back to a working state that will
be exactly what.  It basicly lets you assemble you own waypoint file by
either checking off caches that you want in it, just including cache
classes that you want (unfound by you, archived, found by you... etc etc),
 within a given radius of a given point or zipcode, or any combination of
those... I think there are a couple other ways to select point as well.

Anyway, it should be good stuff when it's done.  I had it pretty much
finished at one point an then Jeremy sprang the "Limbo" caches on us and
that required a little changing, and while I was in there I realized that
I could add a lot more versatility to the cache selection and thats when I
completely broke it.  It also didn't help that Jason was cranking out new
file formats, while I was doing all this, that will have to be ported to
the new format.

Oh well... if I can find some time, I'll try and get it finished and up in
a next few days.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek