[Az-Geocaching] When closed, is a picture good enough?

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:14:18 -0700

Karl,

> IMO, I don't think they
> should count as a 'real' find, but at least they make me feel like I
> accomplished something.
>
> What you do you guys/gals think?

This guy thinks you're right on both counts.

To me, the essence of a find is signing the log (or in the case of a
virtual, finding the required information). I can think of several
caches where I have been within inches of them, and have been unable to
find the cache. I know I have been within inches, because I have gone
back and found them on the subsequent attempts.

There aren't a lot of rules in what we do, but signing the log is one of
them. "Close" only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and Geodashing
(which counts a find if you get within 100 meters, or something like
that).

Steve
Team Tierra Buena