[Az-Geocaching] Clueless Newbie

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:39:33 -0700

--=====================_10777705==_.ALT

At 11:10 AM 8/9/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>The other night there was a quick news item on Tucson TV about
>"geocaching". I didn't really catch what the story was about but I was
>online and checked out the GeoCaching site. Inputted my zip code and a
>couple caches came up, and I'm pretty sure I know where a couple are as
>they're about a mile away from my home.

Welcome aboard.  We were one of the teams that was part of that story, if
it is the one that I am thinking about.

Tucson needs more geocachers.  I hope that you enjoy some of the caches
that are in the area.

>Looks like I joined in the middle of a controversy. Is there an online
>link to that Republic story?

It will pass.  Here is the links to both the republic story and the edited
version that the star ran.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0807cache07.html

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/thu/20808RScavengerHunt.html

>   -- Joanna, Clueless in Tucson, aka WingRider, not team anything since I
> don't know anyone (yet)

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache

--=====================_10777705==_.ALT

At 11:10 AM 8/9/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
night there was a quick news item on Tucson TV about
&quot;geocaching&quot;. I didn't really catch what the story was about
but I was online and checked out the GeoCaching site. Inputted my zip
code and a couple caches came up, and I'm pretty sure I know where a
couple are as they're about a mile away from my
Welcome aboard.&nbsp; We were one of the teams that was part of that
story, if it is the one that I am thinking about.<br><br>
Tucson needs more geocachers.&nbsp; I hope that you enjoy some of the
caches that are in the area.<br><br>
controversy. Is there an online link to that Republic story?
It will pass.&nbsp; Here is the links to both the republic story and the
edited version that the star ran.<br><br>
</a><a href="http://www.azstarnet.com/star/thu/20808RScavengerHunt.html" eudora="autourl">http://www.azstarnet.com/star/thu/20808RScavengerHunt.html<br><br>
WingRider, not team anything since I don't know anyone (yet)</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;</blockquote><br>