[Az-Geocaching] AzGeocaching: Tucson Adventure Film Festival

Jason Poulter polt at snaptek.com
Mon Nov 30 16:53:36 CST 2009

Hi again Azgeo,

Thought this sounded interesting, so passing it along to the azgeo
community.

Please reply to his email address below and let him know if you have any
intrest.

Jason
azgeocaching.com

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.azgeocaching.com/ from:
Joe Kreidel <joe.kreidel at gmail.com>

Hi -

My name is Joe Kreidel, and I am a local rock climber and recently
started a local climbing website, boulderingtucson.com. I also had an
idea that I am pretty excited about, and looking for some ideas and
input from people active in other outdoor and adventure sports, and
stumbled across your geocaching site.

I am thinking about starting an online adventure film festival for
Tucson. Along the lines of Bannf Mountain Film Festival and others of
its kind, but instead of professional movies, having local amateurs
submit short, youtube-style movies for the festival. Videos will be
featured on the festival website for all to see. Winners will decided in
a variety of categories, likely broken down by the various sports, and
hopefully we will have a screening of the best movies and an award
ceremony. There is a lot still to be determined, but this is the basic
idea. I think it would be a fun and unique way for people to showcase
their passions and talents, and maybe help bring awareness to Tucsonans
at large about the various outdoor activities available in their
backyard. It will also be a way for those of us pursuing different
outdoor activities (often cycling/climbing/hiking,etc right next to each
other, but oblivious of the others) to come together as one larger
outdoor community and
  have some fun.

One thing I was wondering about as far as geocaching, would there be
much interest in an ida like this among the geocaching community? I have
noticed a few geocaching videos on youtube, do you think we would be
able to expect a few videos from local geocachers?

Thanks for any input in these matters, or any other ideas or suggestions
you might be able to offer. I'm still trying to figure out if this idea
really is too crazy and needs to be forgotten....

Happy Hunting!

Joe

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4650 (20091130) __________

http://www.eset.com