[Az-Geocaching] Camping on the Rim?

Lisa G. lisasjunk at buppas.com
Thu Jun 4 17:32:00 CDT 2009

Thanks everyone.

Upon further review, we decided that one of the "just off the road"
sites probably isn't good with kids, at least not until we've gone a few
times and got our camping mojo back.  This is our first time camping out
of our little Corolla and with 4 of us, it's going to be tight as it
is.  Don't need to have to bring potty supplies (something we'd have to
go buy, anyway).  We're going to hit up Upper Tonto campground (down at
the bottom of the rim, east of Payson) for Friday night at least, as
we've been there before, it's a little closer and we won't have a lot of
time after our drive up from the valley before it gets dark.  Saturday
we'll go up, do some caching, and check out Rock Crossing or Kehl
Springs as possibilities to camp at Saturday (yes I know Kehl Springs
doesn't have potable water available :) ).

-Lisa "PoledraDog"