[Az-Geocaching] Southwest Trails mapset for Garmin GPSr's Released!

Mark Fleming mrkfleming at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:10:10 CDT 2009

Hi,

Some of you may recall earlier this year when I started a brief thread about
creating an overlay mapset for Garmin GPS receivers that contains trails in
the Southwest. Well, that project is now a reality, and I have just released
the first alpha version today! You can check it out at :
http://www.outdoor-resources.com/SW_Trails/

This mapset is designed to transparently overlay any existing maps you have
on your Garmin GPSr. With this mapset, you can see, and follow, and trails
that are in your area. No longer do you need to download tracks or routes to
your GPSr when all you want to do is have the trail. Assuming that your
desired trail is in the current data set, you're covered!

I would very much appreciate people at least checking out the web page and
providing constructive feedback. This project is in it's infancy, and there
is lots of work to be done. But, in my own field testing, it's proven to
work pretty well so far. I intend to allow user contributions in the very
near future, so you can send me new trails or corrections to current trails.
Anything that makes it better!

Thanks!

Mark S Fleming
http://www.outdoor-resources.com/SW_Trails/