[Az-Geocaching] Hiking in Phoenix area

crystalh at cox.net crystalh at cox.net
Thu Sep 25 14:44:00 MST 2008

Wow!  That Siphon Draw trail looks awesome!  I've been wanting to do some in the Superstitions, too.  Thanks!!

Crystal
---- Susan King <susaneking at yahoo.com> wrote:
Two weeks ago I went on a Ranger led moonlight hike in the San Tans (http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/santan/)  It was beautiful and there are a few geocaches there.  If you are interesting in finding some people to hike with, go to www.meetup.com where you can join hiking groups.  I am a member of "The Phoenix 2-Hour Beginners Hiking Group" as well as "Hiking Hikers Hiking Group".  Between the two, there are a variety of hikes going on on weekends as well as weekdays for all levels of hikers.

My all time favorite Phoenix area hike is the Siphon Draw Trail in the Superstition Mountains out in Apache Junction (http://www.hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=686).  There are some fun geocaches along the route as well.

Soitenlysue
--
-Crystal

"Vision without action is a daydream; action without vision is a nightmare" - Japanese proverb