[Az-Geocaching] Apache Trail

Mark, Johnny, & Joaquin flag.mtn.hkrs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:54:48 MST 2008

Since Hwy 87 is closed due to earth movement. The Hkrs were thinking
about using Hwy 88 from Roosevelt Dam to the AJACS event. On some maps
we look at it is shows that it is a dirt road. The questions we ask of
the members of this list serve are as follows.

Is this a dirt road?

Is it going to take us hours to get back to pavement?

Should we just go through Globe instead?

Should we just suck it up and sit in traffic down I17 to the 101 loop to
the 60?

We don't mind the dirt roads and were kind of looking forward to seeing
an area of AZ we hadn't seen yet. It would put us near AJACS around dark
on Thursday night if the road isn't so bad.

If it is going to longer than a 3 hr cruise I think we might not take it
and just run through Globe.

Being Mtn folk we don't do well in a packed Potbellied_Pig and traffic
snarling our path. That is why we thought we would go the way we were
going. It is miles shorter but I don't know about time shorter.

Any and all help would be appreciated as we really don't know.

Thanks in advance,

Mark, Johnny, & Joaquin

flag.mtn.hkrs at gmail.com