[Az-Geocaching] Az-Geocaching Digest, Vol 86, Issue 3

Hansen, Richard richard at hansen.name
Sat Feb 23 18:43:25 MST 2008

I have had a 400t for several weeks now.  Garmin just release the 2.4 firmware update and it fixes so many
problems that it is an amazing unit.

I am in Blythe, CA, right now after finishing a excellent off-road caching day on the Bradshaw Trail.  All
I used was my 400t - no PDA loaded with Cachemate needed as you can load your GPX pocket queries right on the
Colorado and read the cache page directly from the unit.  Then at the end of the caching day, if you have been
marking your caches as found, you just upload the geocache_visits.txt file from the Colorado to geocaching.com
and you have all your found caches listed, read to submit logs.  See the link below from the Calgary board
to see how found caches works with this unit :

http://forums.calgarycachers.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2725&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60

In my opinion, it's definitely THE unit to buy ... just make sure that you install the updates from Garmin.

For me, the Colorado has made my PDA and Cachemate obsolete.

=
Richard