[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Colorado 300/400 anyone?

Jake Olson jake.teamai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 12:27:33 MST 2008

There is a limit on the 60 series of 1048 maps.  I work with a guy that
wanted to use a GPS for (don't everyone *gasp* here) non-geocaching related
traveling with topographical maps.  I found this thread in the groundspeak
forums for him and figured it may be of some use here too.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=170615

The hard limit on the number of maps is 1048.  I think it's kind of a
strange number having nothing to do with 2 to the "whatever", unless you
tack on an extra 24 for some strange reason.  (whatever in this case being
10.)

So my question really is, are you really gonna need the street level maps
for Maine while also needing the topo maps for AZ?

You could always get multiple memory sticks and load the particular maps, be
they street level or topographical, and switch them out when you need on or
the other.  They're even small enough that you could even store the stick
inside the battery compartment of the GPS. Last I saw, you could get 2GB
sticks for about $14.  The cost of the maps is a whole other story.

Jake - Team A.I.