[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Colorado 300/400 anyone?

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Sat Feb 23 10:04:41 MST 2008

Not to go off and change the subject or anything, but were you involved
in that Utah crash that made headlines?

Back on topic, I discovered a few days ago with my new 60Cx that I can't
even come close to filling a 2Gb microSD card, even though it will
accept one up to that size.  Apparently, there is a finite limit of map
'pieces' that you can download to the memory card before it gets unhappy
with you.  I had 1.7Gb of maps totaling 1746 'pieces' and MapSource said
I had too many selected but did not give me the limit of pieces I could
download.  I took a few states and map sets out and it downloaded fine.
But in theory (I'm going to hit Garmin up about this issue), you can
select/download the western 1/3 of the US in Topo 2008, Metroguide 7 and
Roads & Rec as well as a few national park 24k topo sets for MT, WY as
well as parts of Utah, and not hit the 2Gb limit.

Brian
Team A.I.