[Az-Geocaching] so much for trying to preserve a cache

Bob & Linda Smith Lrsmith at cableone.net
Fri Sep 28 09:03:16 MST 2007

In our case the original owner and I were talking and discussed the
how's and whys of adopting All Aboard Gone up here.  We just went about
it backwards.  There was a time when you could send an email to
someone?? at GC.com and the adoption was done. This is how I adopted Not
Forget the 'S' some years ago.  Now you have to use an adoption page and
the original owner should enter the data first that he/she is allowing
you to adopt the cache.  It starts here now:
http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/   IF the original owner is out of the
picture, I don't think there is any way in the world to adopt the cache
any more.  I have another one up here that I am keeping quite about, I
have it on my watch list and if there is a note on it I will go over and
take care of it or answer the person directly.  The original owner is
out of town now and we just have not got together to start the adoption
correctly (in the opinion of GC.com)

Sorry to see an old cache bite the dust.  I believe it is one person at
GC.com that is running the show and I have had many email exchanges with
him and he is NO help or understanding.

Good luck,  Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite