[Az-Geocaching] cracker barrel caches

Josh Simpson simp_jk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 02:46:15 MST 2007

I'm assuming alot here, but I visited one such cache twice. First to DNF it and then to find it. On my first visit, I found myself trying to look behind a metal sign nailed to the establishment itself. I may be wrong, but it looked as though previous cachers (myself included) had looked behind the same sign and coincidently caused an ever so slight bend in the sign. I figured the cache was gone and I went home and read the clue. I returned and the cache was 10-15 ft away from the sign. I've seen that at these establishments they have a lot of flair/decoration on the outside of the building and also overhanging roofs. My guess is that the overhanging  roofs lower the accuracy of GPS's and cachers inadvertantly end up looking in the wrong spots (like the metal sign) and accidentally break things. It may not have happened in AZ, but lets just say that somewhere in the US, someone placed a 4 star cache under the overhanging roof. Then things suddenly get damaged. Then the
 manager reports the repeated damage to the higher ups and the higher ups say "ok thats it. no more geocaching". Just a possibility.

Josh
simpjkee

Gale <sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com> wrote: We did both of them. Rather enjoyed those 2 caches.

Guy Aldrich <graldrich at gmail.com> wrote: I obtained permission from their CEO for my wife to place those caches
in this state ! I'll have to contact the CEO again to see whats going
on.

    Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

 Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

 Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.____________________________________________________________