[Az-Geocaching] Prescott

Bill Atherton BillA41 at qwest.net
Mon Sep 17 07:49:56 MST 2007

This cache is near the trailhead.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3176a555-8004-4f73-9e
9c-c37db6ed1f94

The peavine trail is the old Sante Fe Railroad right-of-way which was
converted into a non-motorized public trail.

The views from the Peavine trail are fantastic, including Watson Lake and
spectacular granite formations.

It is particularly cold on this January afternoon; in a few hours snow will
fall from the sky. Much of the snow is melted the next day.

Directions: From Prescott, take Arizona 89 north. Turn Right onto Prescott
Lakes Parkway. Take your first left, Sundog Ranch Road, near the humane
society. Look for a sign to your left designating the parking area.

http://www.pbase.com/glassgarden/prescott_peavine

Bill A

  _____