[Az-Geocaching] Er? Halloween RadioActive Event

Steven Stringham Steve at stringhams.org
Wed Oct 10 07:20:34 MST 2007

FYI - My understanding is that preregistration gets that fee down to
50%. ($10 bucks) - A movie ticket today. Or, a couple of meals at some
burrito or burger place?

Years of HR 2, 3 and 4 there was NO FEE charged for the food. Why?
Because people griped about the $3 fee for the burgers provided at HR1.
That is a steal! A bargain. A real deal. And, people griped. So, no fee
for the next 3 events so that the gripping would stop? But, there was
food provided anyways.

Why is it that people expect something for nothing? Why the "Me"
attitude? When was the last time that you went seriously over the edge
to give something to someone else? Put in time for something other than
your own pleasure? Creating caches is about giving to someone else -
while getting some enjoyment for ones self. That enjoyment for self
comes from perceiving the joy of the finder in experiencing your cache.
But, some are even unwilling to say a simple "thanks for the cache" it
seems. So be it. But, why disparage the giving of someone else. (Yes,
and despite the entrance fee - there is a LOT of giving going on - and
don't you think different - because I have seen it.)